A young black man (Robert Fuller, RIP) was recently found hanging in a tree in California. The coroner called it suicide, but his local community is calling it a lynching.
An independent investigation may reveal more truth, but even if it does confirm Mr. Fuller was hatefully hung and didn't end his own life, what then? More protesting?
TRIAGE is a French verb that means, "to sort."
In a hospital emergency room, triage is how patients are prioritized. Degrees of urgency are assigned to wounded or ill patients. A broken arm, a gunshot wound, an auto accident, and a dilated mother all need different things. Right now, life resembles this emergency room.
There are many different kinds of wounds and illnesses to be addressed, including:
* police brutality, systemic racism + mounting racial tension
* covid-19 + its threat of a rushed, mandated, harmful vaccine
* unemployment, destroyed businesses + need of cash
* manipulation + unreliability of mainstream media sources
* the economic consequences of magically printing $10 trillion
* increased mental fragility from this ongoing trauma
* roll-out of 5G + its health implications
* censorship on social media platforms
* A LOOMING IMPOSITION OF MARTIAL LAW
* A LOOMING U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
As emotional a time as it is right now... as fatigued as we may be from all the madness since March 13th... I believe it is crucial that blacks and anti-racists scan the entire Emergency Room... and do some triage.
Even though it is our absolute right to express our rage about unjust loss of life, is NOW the best time to do so when:
(1) those expressions are routinely being hijacked by violent infiltrators who *intend* to amplify chaos, confusion, and instigate ill will toward black people by misrepresenting us; and
(2) continued civil unrest is EXACTLY what hidden hands WANT to see, because it will be the justification to impose martial law. Martial law is "direct military control of normal civil functions or suspension of civil law by a government," and it will make the current police problems seem like roses.
There are a lot of emergencies in the ER, and all the patients need attention... but if everyone loses their liberty in the midst of hot expression, NO ONE WINS.
Peace and wisdom, to our hearts and minds.
The question "How are you?" is PROFOUND.
But it has been watered-down to a synonym for "Hello."
Forced or fake auto-responses of obligated okay-ness are expected.
(And if you are going through something tragic, it really doesn't matter! Every social encounter OPENS with this well-established Ritual of Insincerity.)
The question "How are you?" prompts an answer that begins with "I AM _____________."
This means many times each day, you are invited to SPEAK THE MOST POWERFUL STATEMENT that can be spoken of yourself.
And the socially-expected thing to do, is be QUICK + SLICK with your answer.
For a change... TAKE YOUR TIME, and tell your truth. ✍🏾