Intuition is my lover.
Being an inner-directed person (versus outer-directed), is actually pretty similar to having a regular 'ol 2-person relationship, where one person regularly seeks the opinion, guidance, or support of the other. With flips.
I've lived alone, abroad, as a single woman for the past 4.5 years. By necessity, I've had to learn many new levels of self-reliance. Not having a special person to regularly bounce things off of, has conditioned me to go within, first. Not Google. Not a girlfriend. Not a guru. But within.
As a result, my intuition is now as recognizable and reliable to me as previous partners. (Moreso, actually.) Over time, my intuition has fruitfully shown me:
* who to seek or deepen connections with;
* where to invest my energy, focus, gifts, and passion;
* when and where to move, 'til I found my just-right dwelling place; and
* how to hold space for my overall well-being, which is no easy task these crazy days!
So, practical things.
I'm not saying coupled people can't live intuitively-led lives. But UNcoupled people have more listening space, and less hindrance to act on inspirations. Also, we may lean in more earnestly, with fewer helping hands in our proximity. We can enjoy continued intimacy with life, even as a solitaire. 💎
3 Solid Reasons To Try A Deep Writing Prompt:
1. To discover your position about something (lotsa times you don't know what it is, and the act of writing helps reveal it to you.)
2. To claim or liberate your feelings about something (sharing is declaring!)
3. To practice feeling and voicing deeper insights with greater ease (be more human, with less hesitation.)
So, what is your relationship with intuition like??
Leave a Reply.