008: How to avoid burn-out + scarcity (via Permaculture Principle #2: Catch + store energy).
(A note to my dear subscribers who receive these posts via email: You may need to
actually come to the site to hear audio, and see video. Thanks.)
mentioned in this episode:
* Two working definitions of energy, for both our macro and micro experiences with it.
* Two LOWER forms of energy that we are quite addicted to.
* Two HIGHER forms of energy that we can easily implement.
* Chronic sleep deprivation, shallow breathing + unexamined habits/patterns
are exposed as energy drains that feed into other unsustainable cycles.
* The beautiful efficiency of innate wisdom + rain gardens.
* The value of auditing your life, and making a stand for your well-being.
"We need not just tinkering, but transformation of the system."
Good morning Erika!
4/1/2014 04:15:44 pm
Jill, I thought the same thing about the accumulated snow! There were piles of it... feet high in some places... and as it melted, many basements were flooded as a result of the excessive water. Poor planning, and poor design = lost opportunities. Many of the same people who were cursing the melting snow, will be standing in their yards in just a couple months, with water hoses and sprinkling systems, hoping their grass doesn't dry out! Yes, catching + storing the water (or snow) sounds much more sensible to me :-)
4/1/2014 11:37:47 pm
Thanks Erika! You may not have missed anything. If you click my name on my initial comment, it will take you to the snow post.
3/31/2014 12:14:34 am
...BRILLIANT! ...Filled with common sense and truth!
4/1/2014 04:21:13 pm
Wisdom Seeker, you give *the best* recaps! Thank you so much for your kind support.
Leave a Reply.